Goldenway can assist clients through the seemingly complex procedures involved in exporting pets to New Zealand. We will take care of the whole process, or part of it, according to your needs, including the essential paperwork.
- Application for permit and reservation with quarantine: We will apply to New Zealand Quarantine Services for a permit and quarantine reservations for your pet, including French Ministry veterinary endorsements of the application. This is one of the first steps required to get your pet accepted into New Zealand.
- Completion of Zoo Sanitary Certificate A: This will cover all the veterinary visits, treatments, laboratory work and the Ministry veterinary endorsements required for bringing pets into New Zealand. Working closely with selected laboratories, we ensure that analyses are collated within the obligatory time, thereby guaranteeing the 10 day minimum quarantine.
- Flight reservations: All flights for pets to New Zealand must be manifest cargo and need to be booked by a freight forwarder such as Goldenway with recognised qualifications in live animal exports. We will ensure your pet’s safe arrival using the best flights available with the right airline.
- Completion of Veterinary Certificate B: This certificate is completed by airport vets when cage sealing is performed just before the departure of your pet’s flight to New Zealand. We will make all the arrangements for the airport veterinary visit. One of our Ministry approved pet transporter/carers will accompany your pet throughout the airport veterinary visit, ensuring its comfort and security before the long journey.
- Quarantine notification: We will notify the quarantine authorities of the arrival of your pet, by fax and by email, giving flight information and confirmation that your pet has been received.
- Modified IATA approved flight kennels: We can supply flight-ready kennels (plastic or wooden) appropriate for New Zealand flights, ensuring your pet’s comfort and safety during its journey.
For more information about our export services to New Zealand, please contact us.
“I am very satisfied with the service you gave and delighted our cats are safely back in NZ.”
S. D. – Cats to New Zealand